Influenza Vaccination Programme 2021
The 2021 influenza vaccination programme is an important priority as the flu still presents an ongoing public health risk in NZ, even with the current border restrictions and has now been extended to include the general population. The programme will run through to the 31st of December.
NOTE: It is important that you know that if you have had a Covid Vaccination there is a stand down period of 14 days before you can receive a flu vaccination and 30 days for any other vaccinations eg: MMR (Measles).
If you are unwell, or have any of the following symptoms;
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Changes to your sense of smell,…
please do not come into the Health Centre, call us on 03 6147002.
We ask people to scan the barcodes at the door, using the COVID Tracer app. If you do not have the Covid tracer app there is a form available at Reception to record your details.
Can you also please be aware of the notices around the Health Centre, as they are continually updated to reflect the Covid 19 guideline.
As many of you will now know, appointments are triaged by a registered nurse who will determine if you actually need to come in to the practice and if so, who you will need to see. If the line is engaged, then you will be asked to leave a message with your request and a contact number. The registered nurse will call you back, as soon as they are free, and triage your needs.
NOTE: The phones are not monitored between 12.30 -1.30pm because the Practice is closed for lunch. If you need to make an appointment, it is best to do so in the morning before 12.30.
You can also make your own appointments through myindici.co.nz the Pleasant Point Health Centre’s patient portal. A registered nurse may still contact you to triage your needs and confirm your appointment.
National Bowel Screening Programme
The National Bowel Screening Programme is free for those aged 60 to 74 years.. It saves lives by finding bowel cancer at an early stage when it can often be successfully treated. The test is clean and simple and you can do it at home. To find out more go to www.timetoscreen.nz or free phone 0800 924 432.
If you are eligible to take part, you will be sent:
- An invitation letter (via the post)
- A consent form
- A free bowel screening test kit, with instructions on how to use it.
Services: There are a range of other services available at the Health Centre and you do not have to be a patient here to use these services.
- Physiotherapy – Trish More from Geraldine Physiotherapy Monday and Thursday mornings.
- Blood Test Clinic – Every Wednesday Morning between 9.30 – 11.30am. ($6 for this service)
- Liquid Nitrogen – Every 2nd and 4th Thursday afternoon of the month.
- Podiatrist Adele Bradley – Every 2nd Wednesday afternoon of the month.
- Acupuncture – Natural Health Graham Good (ACC provider) – Every Tuesday.
Appointments for the above services can all be made at Reception, or by calling the Health Centre on 03 6147002.
- Wickiwell Massage and Pilates – Nicole has clinics on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. If you would like to make an appointment, please contact Nicole.
Please also keep an eye on our website ( www.point-health.nz ) and our facebook page, facebook.com/pointhealth. We continually updates both platforms with relevant information and news.
Noho ora mai
The team at the Pleasant Point Health Centre